5 Hot Trends In Social Media Marketing
Social Media Examiner just issued the results of its fourth annual Social Media Marketing report. There’s a lot to digest here, but it’s well worth the effort with more than 3,800 marketers participating in the study.
Here are some of the highlights from the 2012 study:
- Everybody is doing it. Well, almost everybody: 94% of marketers said they use social media to market their businesses.
- But NOT everybody thinks it’s important. 83% of marketers “said that social media was important to their business,” which is actually down from 90% in 2011. On the other hand, half of the marketers strongly agreed social media was important, so those who support it tend to really support it.
- Marketers are hungry for hard ROI. According to the study, 40% of those surveyed “want to know how to measure the return on investment of social media.”
- Video content is big and getting bigger. More than three quarters of marketers “plan on increasing their use of YouTube and video marketing.” That makes it the top content marketing investment in 2012.
- Social media can generate leads. More than 60% of marketers say that spending as little as six hours a week on social media can create benefits in terms of lead generation.